Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too busy to blog

By too busy to blog you can be assured that I seem to make plenty of time in my day still for sitting drinking coffee while looking out the window and other such necessities. However, I have been busy elsewhere and it's an entirely positive thing.

I now rejoice in the title assistant editor at the website and am loving writing their newsblog - it's unpaid, but it's fun and will certainly be a feather in my CV's rather raggedy cap. I'm actually experiencing something rather strange - I want to get up in the morning! Unprecedented, at least of late.

Otherwise all seems to be progressing nicely. I do think of and crave for drink regularly - every day in fact. But not savagely and those who told me that keeping busy is the best thing were entirely right; I'm hugely lucky to have chanced upon something that does just that.

My confidence is improving too. I mentioned I'm doing the 'city walk' and my fear of surroundings is dissipating - not so jumpy, not so paranoid. Mrs CD was away for a couple of days this week and I did OK. I wasn't quite the domestic goddess I've become of late and a worrying coffee mug mountain started to grow in the sink, but I got through each day, I ate, I took my medication I made my appointments - nil disastrum.

I had a friend round too. He's a sound engineer and always grubbing around for work so I wanted to show him what he could do online with a a load of free web pages - facebook, blogs, myspace and the like. He was quite impressed and wants me now to help set him up online - another CV enhancer, plus it's nice to do something to help someone out.

I'm due to go volunteering again tomorrow. At the moment it's little more than photocopying and filing, but, it gets me out of the house and used to being in an office and with other people after my two years of isolation without a drink inside me.

This is by necessity a quick post, but I must try and say something at least every day. In the past, a hiatus at Drunk in Cardiff meant a really bad binge or an horrific depression low, now it means much better things.

If you spent it, thank you for your time.

Cardiff Drunk - sober and learning to be happier.

2 comments:

Anybeth said...

you sound great!!! keep up the good work!

The Drinker said...

Thank you so much Anybeth. I am going to make the time to look back at my posts pre-detox to remind myself how far I've come. It means an awful lot when people comment (as you know) and it's lovely to hear from you.

Onwards and upwards!

CD